The Watsons go to Birmingham - Bundle (Interactive Notebook & Book in a Bottle)
As with all resources sold at Teachers on Point this has been created by a teacher and used in her classroom to this day!
This book is fun and engaging for students who are either working with a group or independently on the comprehension strategies.
Comprehension Strategies for every chapter:
- Character Traits
- Figurative Language (simile & metaphor)
- Sequence of Events
- Compare and Contrast Characters
- Author's Purpose
- Point of View
- Making Inferences
- Making Connections and MORE!
Students discuss with a partner or group members about The Watsons go to Birmingham using the discussion prompts that are included. Then, they can either work with someone or independently to create their very own Interactive Notebook to practice comprehension skills for each chapter of the book!
Engaging and Fun Book Project!
There are 6 paper bottles:
- (3) for characters (Kenny, Byron and Joey)
- (2) for Problem and Solution
- (1) for Genre: Historical Fiction
Students are required to think critically about the characters and other elements of the novel. They will write about the history they learned and the elements that make the novel a fictional story.
The 4 Labels include:
- A Text Study for The Watsons go to Birmingham
- Draw and explain a favorite part
- A Review of the story
- Answer questions about author's purpose
- A label that wraps around the handle of the soda carrier for the title and author
**Soda carrier NOT included. Soda carriers are available (for free) from Whole Foods and local grocery stores. Some teachers have adapted this project by turning it into a mobile using a hanger.**