Reading and Writing Nonfiction Unit Plans BUNDLE
For Grades 3-5, I combined my Nonfiction Writers Workshop and Readers Workshop unit plans for you to save!
All materials included so that you can print and teach Reading and Writing for the next month (or more) of school!
Writing Workshop Informational Essay Unit that will take you through 3 weeks of school (15 lessons) that might last longer depending on your students. From Brainstorming to a Rubric to grade final pieces with, this has everything you need.
I uploaded this after I used it in my classroom, and can say that it is a successful set of lessons that will take you through each step of the writing process without having to create or plan anything. It is all done for you!
This unit follows a Writing Workshop format planning and includes each day's objective, the lesson breakdown, and ALL MATERIALS that you will need:
- 36 pages of lessons, Teacher Model sheets, activity sheets, anchor charts, and graphic organizers
- An introduction to the unit/genre
- To implement grammar, I included a lesson and Anchor Chart to help teach the use of commas before the words 'and', 'but', and 'or'
- Teacher example work so you do not have to prepare your own
- Options for differentiating independent writing
- Partner Conferencing Forms
- Anchor Chart to help teach writing a lead
- Anchor Chart to help teach the use of transition words
- Rubric with space for Teacher Response and Student Response
Nonfiction Reading Workshop Unit that allows you to teach students how to navigate nonfiction texts and collect research. It is modeled as a Readers Workshop. However, teachers who are unfamiliar with this structure of teaching will be able to successfully use this unit by following the detailed lesson plans.
With this item, you receive:
15 "Lesson Breakdowns": Step-by-step lesson plans for each day of the unit, including materials needed and daily conferencing tips.
Common Core State Standards Grades 3-5: The standard is broken down by the activity that is taught each day. Just copy the standard right into your plan book!
A List of Materials that are INCLUDED in your purchase
Conferencing Tips:Things to look for as you work with students and ideas of how to guide their research as they work independently.
Student Activity Sheets for each Lesson
Anchor Charts (Teaching Posters)
Student Tracking Sheet that can be used as an Assessment and kept on file