- All Resources
- Reading Nonfiction Workshop Unit
Reading Nonfiction Workshop Unit
This entire 3-week unit (30+ pages) allows you to teach students how to navigate nonfiction texts and collect research. It is modeled as a Reading Workshop Unit. Teachers who are unfamiliar with this structure of teaching will be able to successfully use this unit by following the detailed lesson plans.
- 15 "Lesson Breakdowns" Step-by-step lesson plans for each day of the unit, including materials needed and daily conferencing tips.
- Common Core State Standards Grades 3-5: The standard is broken down by the activity that is taught each day. Just copy the standard right into your plan book!
- A List of Materials that are INCLUDED in your purchase
- Conferencing Tips:Things to look for as you work with students and ideas of how to guide their research as they work independently.
- Student Activity Sheets for each Lesson
- Anchor Charts (Teaching Posters)
- Student Tracking Sheet that can be used as an Assessment and kept on file