Writing Workshop Informational Essay Grades 3-5
Writers Workshop Informational Essay Writing Unit Grades 3-5 that will take you through 3 weeks of school (15 school days /15 lessons) that might last longer depending on your students). From Brainstorming to a Rubric this has everything you need.
I uploaded this informational essay unit after I used it in my classroom, and can say that it is a successful set of writing lessons that will take you through each step of the writing process without having to create or plan anything. It is all done for you!
I know there are plenty of times when teaching writing can feel very overwhelming and my hope is that this informational writing essay unit will help alleviate that feeling. The writing lessons are each laid out in a way that is easy to read and super easy to follow and allow you to implement your own teaching craft. All of the writing materials are included, therefore, you can simply print and teach. You can begin this writing unit tomorrow, if you'd like!
JUST PRINT TO TEACH!
- 15 Writing Lessons includes lessons, Teacher Model sheets, activity sheets, anchor charts, and graphic organizers
- An introduction to the Informational writing unit/genre
- To implement grammar, I included a lesson and Anchor Chart to help teach the use of commas before the words 'and', 'but', and 'or'
- Teacher example work so you do not have to prepare your own
- Options for differentiating independent writing
- Partner Conferencing Forms
- Anchor Chart to help teach writing a lead
- Anchor Chart to help teach the use of transition words
- Rubric with space for Teacher Response and Student Response