- Writing Workshop Units
- Writing Workshop Historical Fiction Picture Book Grades 3-6
Writing Workshop Historical Fiction Picture Book Grades 3-6
Writing Workshop Unit teaches how to write a Historical Fiction Picture Book Grades 3-6. I love this unit because I get to teach history, reading and writing as integrated lessons! This is 35+ pages of a 15 lesson Writing Workshop UNIT which reflects the structure of Lucy Calkins Writers Workshop format planning. This unit teaches students, grades 3-5, how to write a Historical Fiction picture book. This unit takes the teacher through the writing process from Brainstorm to Publish with ALL MATERIALS INCLUDED!
Click here for a Video Preview!
What You Receive:
- 15 Lessons with suggested Mentor Texts
- Teacher examples of writing for the "Model" portion of the lessons (Includes an entire historical fiction story that takes place in California after WWII, focusing on the treatment of Japanese-Americans during that time)
- Teacher examples of revision and editing strategies
- Anchor Charts
- 3 Partner Checklists for students during their partner conferences
- Publishing paper
- Rubric for the assessment
*PLEASE NOTE: It is not necessary to use the teacher writing examples in order to make this unit a success in your classroom. This has been created in a way that the examples will provide extra guidance in teaching this unit, but allows for any historical topic to be the subject/focus of the lessons.