The Watsons go to Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis Book Activity
The Watsons go to Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis Engaging and Fun Book Project!
There are 6 paper bottles:
- (3) for characters (Kenny, Byron and Joey)
- (2) for Problem and Solution
- (1) for Genre: Historical Fiction
Students are required to think critically about the characters and other elements of the novel. They will write about the history they learned and the elements that make the novel a fictional story.
The 4 Labels include:
- A Text Study for The Watsons go to Birmingham
- Draw and explain a favorite part
- A Review of the story
- Answer questions about author's purpose
- A label that wraps around the handle of the soda carrier for the title and author
**Soda carrier NOT included. Soda carriers are available (for free) from Whole Foods and local grocery stores. Some teachers have adapted this project by turning it into a mobile using a hanger.**